6 Easy Steps to Grow Radish Microgreens
- Soak Seeds (Highly Recommended)
Soak Radish Microgreens Seeds in cool water for 8-12 hours.
- Prepare a Pot and Soil
Get a shallow growing tray - not more than 2 inches deep. Fill it with a seed starting potting mix. The soil level should be 1-2 inches.
Moisten the potting soil with water using a spray bottle. Gently sprinkle seeds evenly over the soil so they are close. Spray the surface of the soil and seeds with water again.
Place the tray in a spot away from direct sun exposure. Make sure the soil temperature is around 70°F. Avoid drafty spots. Moisten the soil with water using a spray bottle 3-4 times a day. Don't let the soil dry out, but also do not overwater it.
Once seeds start sprouting, make sure you are exposing the microgreens to at least 10 hours of daylight (use a grow light if there is not enough sun). Keep the soil moist.
In 5-12 days microgreens will be ready to harvest. When seedlings are 1 to 2 inches tall and have about two sets of leaves, snip and prep. However, you can grow them more or less by your preferences.
- Since radish microgreens grow best under lamp light rather than sunlight, it is best to use them each day for a certain amount of time.
- Radish seeds are tiny and should be spread evenly when planted (about 10 seeds per square inch of soil). Once the seeds are laid out, quickly rinse them with water.
- The microgreens of the radish will be 2-3 inches tall a few days after planting. This is the perfect time to harvest - just before the actual green leaves begin to grow. Cut the greens just above the topsoil with a sharp knife or kitchen scissors.
- Store radish microgreens in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It should be as dry as possible for long-term storage. Wash greens just before use. If you notice moisture in the container, add an absorbent paper towel and put it back in the refrigerator.
- Radish microgreens do not need a lot of fertilizers. If you wish, fertilize microgreens with products that are low in nitrogen and high in organic matter. The advantage of our premium seeds is that they absorb nutrients from your regular potting mix and do not need additional fertilization!