Soothe irritated throats with this all-natural thyme cough syrup. Thyme has been used for years to help soothe irritated throats and halt coughing. It’s quick and easy to make your own all-natural thyme cough syrup.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1⁄2 cup raw, unpasteurized honey
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add thyme and cover with a lid. Allow to sit for 15 to 20 minutes or longer. Strain.
- Whisk in honey until combined.
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. Makes about 1-1⁄2 cups.