This is a great dish to whip up if you are expecting company or you’re in charge of a side dish to bring to a party. If you can’t find carrots with their tops still in tact go ahead and just add extra parsley instead.
- 1 cup carrots leaves (from about 1 small bunch of carrots)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup marcona almonds
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
Honey Roasted Veggies
- 1 bunch of carrots, tops removed and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 bunch of beets, tops removed and cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup lightly toasted and chopped marcona almonds for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Roughy chopped the carrot tops and parsley. Add the greens to a food processor along with the almonds and garlic. Process until a smooth paste forms. With the motor running add the lemon juice and olive oil. Season to taste with salt (if you’re almonds were pre-salted add less!)
- In a large bowl toss the chopped carrots and beets with the oil and honey. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast until the veggies are fork tender and lightly browned. About 25-30 minutes. Toss halfway through cooking.
- Place the veggies on a platter and drizzle with the pesto, chopped almonds and additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.