If I could whip up this side dish for all of our dinner guests all winter long I would. The combination of flavors here is spot on and the preparation is a breeze. This is a lovely side dish for the holiday season and tastes great served alongside roasted chicken, steak, or even topped onto a bowl of cooked lentils and rice for a complete meal. For this particular dish I kept the carrot greens still intact so that guests can use their fingers. These carrots are sweet, spicy, salty and juicy. What more could you ask for in a vegetable dish? We’re going to serve these at our Christmas gathering with friends and family and I’m definitely making a double batch because I know they’ll fly quickly. I hope you all enjoy this simple recipe as much as we do. Pour a glass of bourbon, clink glasses with your favorite people and enjoy the flavors of the season.
- 2 bunches of carrots with their greens, about 3 pounds
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Trim carrot greens a bit if they’re out of control. Scrub the carrots of any dirt (no need to peel) and place carrots on the prepared baking sheets.
- In a bowl mix the bourbon, honey, cayenne and salt and drizzle the mixture over the carrots. Using tongs toss the carrots a bit so that both sides are evenly coated. Roast the carrots until tender and lightly browned, about 45 minutes. Flip the carrots halfway through roasting.
- Remove the carrots from the oven and drizzle with the lime juice. Place the carrots on a serving platter and sprinkle on the feta cheese, parsley and any remaining juices from the baking sheets. Serve warm or at room temperature.