10 Beets / 10 Carrots / 12 Easy to Grow Herbs / 12 Radishes / 12 Rare Sweet & Mild Peppers / 13 Unique Super Hot Peppers / 14 Salsa Mix / 14 Sweet & Hot Peppers / 14 Tomato & Tomatillo / 15 Lettuce & Salad Greens / 15 Medicinal and Tea Herbs / 18 Culinary Herbs / 20 Most Popular Vegetables / 25 Summer Vegetables / 25 The Best Winter Vegetables / 7 Basils Collection / 7 Lettuce / 8 Onions
This tender, oven baked chicken thighs recipe is seasoned with a Cajun blend, then seared and baked with peppers and potatoes for an easy anytime dinner.
- 4 chicken thighs bone in, skin on
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2-3 tablespoons Cajun seasonings Or use a nice chili pepper blend
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 Cubanelle peppers chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 12-16 small baby potatoes
- Juice from half a lemon
- Chopped parsley for serving
- Combine spices in a small bowl.
- Pat dry the chicken thighs and rub them down with the spice rub. Be sure to get under the skins and on the skins as well. Let them sit for about 20 minutes or so at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat a cast iron skillet to medium heat and add a couple tablespoons olive oil.
- Sear the chicken thighs 5 minutes each side. Remove to a plate to hold them.
- To the pan, add onion and peppers. Cook about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook a minute more. Be sure to stir.
- Add white wine to deglaze. Be sure to stir up the brown bits from the bottom. Let the wine reduce until it is almost gone.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Add chicken thighs back to the pan along with the baby potatoes.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. It should measure at least 165 degrees F internal temperature.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly, then squeeze lemon juice over the thighs.
- Top with parsley and serve.