10 Beets / 10 Carrots / 12 Easy to Grow Herbs / 12 Radishes / 12 Rare Sweet & Mild Peppers / 13 Unique Super Hot Peppers / 14 Salsa Mix / 14 Sweet & Hot Peppers / 14 Tomato & Tomatillo / 15 Lettuce & Salad Greens / 15 Medicinal and Tea Herbs / 18 Culinary Herbs / 20 Most Popular Vegetables / 25 Summer Vegetables / 25 The Best Winter Vegetables / 7 Basils Collection / 7 Lettuce / 8 Onions
A recipe for quick and easy cheese tortellini cooked in a creamy fire roasted tomato sauce with ground turkey. A super easy meal for any night of the week.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 large sweet pepper chopped (bell pepper is OK)
- 1 large Cubanelle pepper chopped (or sub in a bell pepper)
- 1 serrano pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 14- ounce cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Gochujang Sriracha can be used instead, if needed
- ½ cup heavy cream or Mexican crema
- 1 bag tortellini prepared (20 ounces)
- Fresh chopped herbs chopped peppers
- your favorite hot sauce
- Heat a large pan to medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the onion and peppers and cook them about 5 minutes to soften. Add the garlic, ground turkey, and seasonings. Break up the turkey with a wooden spoon into chunks and cook another 6-7 minutes, until the turkey is cooked through.
- Add the fire roasted tomatoes and chicken broth. Stir it all together.
- Let simmer for at least 15 minutes to let the flavors develop, or up to an hour.
- Stir in the heavy cream, or use Mexican crema or sour cream for a lighter version. Swirl to incorporate.
- Stir in cooked tortellini.
- Serve into bowls and sprinkle with fresh herbs.
- 12 Easy to Grow Herbs, 12 Rare Sweet & Mild Peppers, 13 Unique Super Hot Peppers, 14 Salsa Mix, 14 Sweet & Hot Peppers, 14 Tomato & Tomatillo, 15 Medicinal and Tea Herbs, 18 Culinary Herbs, 7 Basils Collection