Crockpot stuffed bell peppers stuffed with Mexican style seasoned ground beef, rice, black beans and queso blanco, then cooked low and slow in a slow cooker. Super easy!
- 10 colorful bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 15- ounce can black beans
- 15- ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded queso blanco or Monterrey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons favorite taco seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chopped cilantro
- Diced avocado
- Mexican crema or sour cream
- Favorite hot sauce for serving
- Slice the tops from the bell peppers and core out the insides. Set them into a crock pot or slow cooker. You may need 2 slow cookers.
- Heat the oil in a small pan to medium heat and add the onion and jalapeno pepper. Cook about 5 minutes to soften.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute, stirring.
- Add the ground beef and cook about 5 minutes to brown it. You don’t need to cook it all the way through, as it will finish in the crock pot.
- Add the mixture to a large bowl and cool.
- To the bowl, add the rice, black beans, crushed tomatoes, corn, shredded cheese and taco seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix it together with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon the stuffing into each bell pepper.
- Add about a half inch of water to the bottom of the crock pot or slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5 hours on low, or 2-3 hours on high, or until everything is cooked through and the peppers have softened to your preference.
- Serve with cilantro and crema over the top, and your favorite hot sauce. Enjoy!