10 Beets / 10 Carrots / 12 Easy to Grow Herbs / 12 Radishes / 12 Rare Sweet & Mild Peppers / 13 Unique Super Hot Peppers / 14 Salsa Mix / 14 Sweet & Hot Peppers / 14 Tomato & Tomatillo / 15 Lettuce & Salad Greens / 15 Medicinal and Tea Herbs / 18 Culinary Herbs / 20 Most Popular Vegetables / 25 Summer Vegetables / 25 The Best Winter Vegetables / 7 Basils Collection / 7 Lettuce / 8 Onions
Nothing screams fall quite like a cup of piping hot coffee and a couple of these pumpkin spice muffins to kick start a day of farm chores. Well, a few extra layers of clothes help ease into the crisp mornings as well!
- 2 eggs (farm fresh if possible)
- 1/2 cup cooked pumpkin puree (from the can is fine too)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 Tablespoons walnut oil (can sub with almond oil or olive oil if need be)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325F
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, pumpkin, maple syrup, oil and vanilla. Add the spices and stir in the almond flour. Mix until everything is well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and set the bowl aside.
- Line a standard size muffin tin with paper lines. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups, smoothing out the tops to get rid of any bumps if necessary. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of a muffin.
- Cool slightly and then dig in!