Herbs & Vegetables Growing Guides
- 7 Basils Collection
- 7 Melon & Watermelon Mix
- 7 Rare Lettuce
- 8 Unique Onions
- 10 Unique Beets
- 10 Unique Carrots
- 12 Easy to Grow Herbs
- 12 Unique Radishes
- 12 Rare Sweet & Mild Peppers
- 13 Unique Super Hot Peppers
- 14 Salsa Mix
- 14 Sweet & Hot Peppers
- 14 Tomato & Tomatillo
- 15 Lettuce & Salad Greens
- 15 Medicinal and Tea Herbs
- 18 Culinary Herbs
- 18 Salad Greens
- 20 Most Popular Vegetables
- 25 Medicinal & Tea Herbs
- 25 The Best Winter Vegetables
- 25 Summer Vegetables
- 25 Summer Vegetables & Herbs
- 25 Summer Vegetables & Fruits
- Wildflowers Mix Growing Guides
- Growing Guides Microgreens
- Growing & Gardening Tips
- Herbal Medicine Guides
- Culinary Guides
10 Beets / 10 Carrots / 12 Easy to Grow Herbs / 12 Radishes / 12 Rare Sweet & Mild Peppers / 13 Unique Super Hot Peppers / 14 Salsa Mix / 14 Sweet & Hot Peppers / 14 Tomato & Tomatillo / 15 Lettuce & Salad Greens / 15 Medicinal and Tea Herbs / 18 Culinary Herbs / 20 Most Popular Vegetables / 25 Summer Vegetables / 25 The Best Winter Vegetables / 7 Basils Collection / 7 Lettuce / 8 Onions
This lovely meal is comfort food at its best. If you haven’t had the pleasure of cooking with rutabaga then you are in for a real treat. It is slightly sweet with a hint of savory and gives regular mashed potatoes a run for their money. Served with rosemary roasted carrots and you have yourself the absolute best night ahead of you. Pour a glass of red wine and dig in. This meal takes less than 30 minutes to whip up and will leave you full and happy. Cheers!
- 6 medium-large carrots
- 3 large rutabagas, scrubbed and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (homemade or store bought) Can sub milk of choice here too!
- 1 TBS fresh rosemary, minced
- Fine sea salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle 2 TBS olive oil with the carrots. Toss with rosemary and place on a prepared baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes (or until carrots are lightly browned and tender) Toss carrots halfway through cooking.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add chopped rutabaga and garlic. Cook until fork tender. About 10 minutes. Drain.
- With a potato masher or food processor mash the rutabaga with the garlic, 1/4 cup almond milk (or milk of choice), 2 TBS olive oil. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Serve with rosemary roasted carrots and enjoy!