This lovely meal is comfort food at its best. If you haven’t had the pleasure of cooking with rutabaga then you are in for a real treat. It is slightly sweet with a hint of savory and gives regular mashed potatoes a run for their money. Served with rosemary roasted carrots and you have yourself the absolute best night ahead of you. Pour a glass of red wine and dig in. This meal takes less than 30 minutes to whip up and will leave you full and happy. Cheers!
- 6 medium-large carrots
- 3 large rutabagas, scrubbed and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (homemade or store bought) Can sub milk of choice here too!
- 1 TBS fresh rosemary, minced
- Fine sea salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle 2 TBS olive oil with the carrots. Toss with rosemary and place on a prepared baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes (or until carrots are lightly browned and tender) Toss carrots halfway through cooking.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add chopped rutabaga and garlic. Cook until fork tender. About 10 minutes. Drain.
- With a potato masher or food processor mash the rutabaga with the garlic, 1/4 cup almond milk (or milk of choice), 2 TBS olive oil. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Serve with rosemary roasted carrots and enjoy!