This salad that I’m sharing below is as simple as salads come but more delicious than anything I’ve had in a while. When you’re working with fresh produce I like to use the approach of “less is more.” This salad is a great recipe to turn to when you’ve got a bundle of fresh mizuna (or arugula for that matter) and a few other simple ingredients from the market.
- 1 large bunch of mizuna
- 2-3 radishes, very thinly sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice + additional to taste
- flakey sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower seeds, lightly toasted on the stovetop for a few minutes
- a few thin slices of fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
- a few pinches of micro greens (optional)
- In a large bowl toss the mizuna with the radishes and drizzle in the olive oil and lemon juice. Toss well. Sprinkle the salad with a few healthy pinches of flakey sea salt, the toasted sunflower seeds, shaved parmesan (if using) and micor greens (if using). Serve immediately.