10 Beets / 10 Carrots / 12 Easy to Grow Herbs / 12 Radishes / 12 Rare Sweet & Mild Peppers / 13 Unique Super Hot Peppers / 14 Salsa Mix / 14 Sweet & Hot Peppers / 14 Tomato & Tomatillo / 15 Lettuce & Salad Greens / 15 Medicinal and Tea Herbs / 18 Culinary Herbs / 20 Most Popular Vegetables / 25 Summer Vegetables / 25 The Best Winter Vegetables / 7 Basils Collection / 7 Lettuce / 8 Onions
These Cherry Pepper Poppers are stuffed with a delicious herb & garlic cheese filling, then baked until bubbling and golden. This recipe is great finger food for parties and entertaining!
- 1/3 lb Italian sausage
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup packed parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp minced scallion
- 3 tbsp minced parsley
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 10 oz fresh hot cherry peppers (you can also use pickled cherry peppers in a jar)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Remove the meat from the sausage casing and crumble the sausage into the pan.
- Brown for about 5 minutes until cooked through and crispy. Let cool slightly, then chop into smaller pieces.
- In a large bowl mix to combine the sausage, cream cheese, bread crumbs, parmesan, scallion, parsley, and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then stir in the egg.
- Halve the cherry peppers and remove the seeds and ribs with a melon baller.
- Stuff each cherry pepper with a scoop of the filling.
- Place on a sheet pan and roast for 20 minutes, until the peppers look softened and the filling is golden brown on top. Enjoy!