Smooth, creamy and rich. This is the kind of pasta I long for on a dreary day at the farm. This recipe is a great one to turn to when you’re craving comfort but don’t want to be weighted down after your meal.
- 1 small head of cauliflower, broken into florets, (about 3 cups)
- 4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons ghee or unsalted grass-fed butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound pasta
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- Almond Crumble
- Place the chopped cauliflower in a large pot with the veggie stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the cauliflower is fork tender, about 8 minutes. Reserve the cooking liquid.
- While the cauliflower cooks heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring often until lightly browned and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer the cooked cauliflower to a high speed blender along with the cashews, garlic, ghee, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Add about 1 1/2 cups of reserved cooking liquid to the blender and blend on high until completely smooth and creamy. Add more liquid if the sauce is too thick. Taste for seasonings and adjust as needed.
- Cook your pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce (if it seems dry add a little of the reserved cooking liquid) and divide between plates/bowls (you may have extra sauce which is fine to save in the fridge). Top with minced parsley and almond crumble.