Intriguing flavors and textures make this main-dish salad an instant family favorite. Most of the ingredients are pantry staples. Make pork roast the night before and plan for this “planned over” supper, or purchase deli pork roast. Pair with fresh breadsticks hot from the oven.
- 3/4 pound roasted pork loin (cubed)
- 4 slices bacon (diced)
- 6 cups iceberg lettuce (torn)
- 8 ounces water chestnuts (sliced, drained)
- 1/2 cup green onions (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 ounces chow mein noodles
- In a large skillet, cook bacon just until crisp; drain and set aside. In a large bowl toss together bacon, pork, lettuce, water chestnuts and green onions. For dressing, in small bowl stir together soy sauce, honey, catsup and dry mustard. Add dressing and chow mein noodles to salad; tossing lightly to coat.