10 Beets / 10 Carrots / 12 Easy to Grow Herbs / 12 Radishes / 12 Rare Sweet & Mild Peppers / 13 Unique Super Hot Peppers / 14 Salsa Mix / 14 Sweet & Hot Peppers / 14 Tomato & Tomatillo / 15 Lettuce & Salad Greens / 15 Medicinal and Tea Herbs / 18 Culinary Herbs / 20 Most Popular Vegetables / 25 Summer Vegetables / 25 The Best Winter Vegetables / 7 Basils Collection / 7 Lettuce / 8 Onions
Homemade goulash is a delicious way to serve a large group.
- 3 pounds stew meat (or Chuck steak/roast cubed)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon liquid gravy browner
- 1 tablespoon beef (bullion powder)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups sour cream
- caraway seeds (to taste, optional)
- Combine first 7 ingredients in slow cooker. Stir well to coat the beef and onion in flour.
- Combine tomatoes, gravy browner, boullion powder, lemon juice and sugar together and pour over beef mixture.
- Stir, cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours
- Spoon off a few spoonfuls of liquid. Add to sour cream. Stir and pour back into the slow cooker. Stir before serving.
- Serve over boiled egg noodles.