You won’t have a hard time getting a Southerner to eat their vegetables when you’re serving mustard or collard greens. This super fresh, garlicky mustard green recipe is the perfect mustard green recipe you’ve been waiting for your whole life.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bunches mustard greens, stemmed and chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black peppe
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- In a large pan with straight sides on medium heat add the oil. Add the garlic to the hot oil. Saute until garlic is softened and fragrant and has infused the oil.
- Add the mustard greens. Season the greens with salt, and pepper, and saute while tossing to wilt. Once wilted add the chicken stock and stir. Raise heat to a simmer, then lower and cook for about 5 minutes more.
- Stir in the ground mustard. Serve warm.