10 Beets / 10 Carrots / 12 Easy to Grow Herbs / 12 Radishes / 12 Rare Sweet & Mild Peppers / 13 Unique Super Hot Peppers / 14 Salsa Mix / 14 Sweet & Hot Peppers / 14 Tomato & Tomatillo / 15 Lettuce & Salad Greens / 15 Medicinal and Tea Herbs / 18 Culinary Herbs / 20 Most Popular Vegetables / 25 Summer Vegetables / 25 The Best Winter Vegetables / 7 Basils Collection / 7 Lettuce / 8 Onions
Stuffed Anaheim Peppers with ground beef and cheese are a Mexican flavoured dish with just a little hint of heat.
- 4 Anaheim peppers (halved lengthwise, cored and seeded)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa (mild)
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder (mild)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- cilantro (or parsley chopped)
- lime wedges (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, or, lightly spray with cooking spray. Arrange pepper halves, cut side up, on baking sheet.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and brown, stirring until no longer pink.
- Stir in salsa, chilli powder, cumin, salt, and pepper, combining well.
- Fill each pepper half with the meat mixture, dividing evenly.
- Distribute cheese evenly over each pepper.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until peppers are softened.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley and serve with lime wedges.
- 12 Easy to Grow Herbs, 12 Rare Sweet & Mild Peppers, 14 Salsa Mix, 14 Sweet & Hot Peppers, 15 Medicinal and Tea Herbs, 18 Culinary Herbs, 25 Summer Vegetables