Crisp radishes turn sweet and juicy when briefly roasted at high heat. This is best served warm rather than piping hot. You can make the anchovy mixture up to 3 days ahead. Store it in the fridge and bring it to room temperature before using.
- 1 large or 2 small bunches of radishes (about 13 radishes total) sliced in half (smaller ones can be left whole)
- 6 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- freshly squeezed lemon juice for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl toss the radishes with the anchovy fillets, garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast in the oven until the radishes are deeply browned and shriveled a bit. About 30-35 minutes. Toss halfway through cooking.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with a tiny squeeze of fresh lemon juice.