This is hands down one of the best meals we’ve had this spring. The char of a hot grill brings out the wonderfully bold beef flavor of the steak and the bright and zesty chimichurri sauce is a lovely compliment. We grilled our steaks alongside the radishes from my last post for a simple, seasonal meal. This is one of those recipes that comes together in a flash but can wow everyone at the dinner table. We get our beef from our favorite rancher at the farmers market every week and I love having it on hand so our dinners can be made from ingredients that are not only grown by us but our neighbors too. I honestly treasure sitting down at the dinner table and knowing that everything on our plates comes from us or our dear friends. It’s a pretty radical feeling and we’re so grateful to all of the hard working farmers and ranchers who nourish us and our community. Go team!!!
Radish Greens Chimchurri Sauce
- 3/4 cup radish greens, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic scapes, chopped (or 2 cloves of garlic)
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Grilled Steaks + Radishes
- 4 bone-in rib-eye steaks (about 1 pound each and about 1 inch thick)
- 1 bunch of radishes (with greens) sliced in half
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Prepare the chimichurri sauce by combining all the ingredients in a food processor and processing until smooth. Taste for seasonings and adjust as needed.
- Place the steaks on a plate and generously season them with salt and pepper. Keep them at room temperature for 25 minutes. Heat an outdoor grill to high heat and oil the grates. Toss the radishes with a little olive oil. Place the steaks and radishes directly on the grill grates and cook the steaks for about 4 minutes per side (for medium rare) and the radishes for about the same amount of time per side (or until lightly charred and crisp tender).
- Serve the steaks and radishes with the chimichurri sauce and enjoy warm or at room temperature.