10 Beets / 10 Carrots / 12 Easy to Grow Herbs / 12 Radishes / 12 Rare Sweet & Mild Peppers / 13 Unique Super Hot Peppers / 14 Salsa Mix / 14 Sweet & Hot Peppers / 14 Tomato & Tomatillo / 15 Lettuce & Salad Greens / 15 Medicinal and Tea Herbs / 18 Culinary Herbs / 20 Most Popular Vegetables / 25 Summer Vegetables / 25 The Best Winter Vegetables / 7 Basils Collection / 7 Lettuce / 8 Onions
This stuffed flank steak recipe is packed with loads of spinach, melty cheese and a mix of peppers for a nice level of spice. Stuff, sear, bake! Easy! Perfect for the holiday table or an anytime meal.
- 2 pound flank steak
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasonings
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 yellow bell peppers cored and sliced
- 6 serrano peppers sliced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey jack cheese or use your favorite melty cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Use a sharp knife to trim any excess fat from the steak, then slice the flank steak along the thin edge almost entirely through, a bit at a time, until the steak opens up like a book.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season the steak with Cajun seasonings, salt and pepper.
- With the steak opened up, layer on the peppers, garlic and onion, then the baby spinach, then the cheese.
- Roll the steak up so that all of the ingredients are stuffed inside of it. Tie it up with cooking twine.
- Heat the oil in a large cast iron pan or pot to medium-high heat. Sear the stuffed flank steak on each side, 4-5 minutes, until you get a nice char.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until it is done to your preference. See the recipe notes for cooking times and temperatures.
- Remove the steak from the oven and cover it with aluminum foil. Let it rest for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.
- 13 Unique Super Hot Peppers, 14 Salsa Mix, 14 Sweet & Hot Peppers, 15 Lettuce & Salad Greens, 20 Most Popular Vegetables, 25 The Best Winter Vegetables, 8 Onions