Today it’s just this simple recipe for our members. There’s not a lot to say about it except that it’s freaking delicious and a breeze to prepare. It’s crunchy, refreshing, and can be eaten all week long if you make a double batch (the salad stays crunchy for days in your fridge). This highlights a lot of the summer bounty so many of you can find these ingredients at your local farmers market. And of course, it’s easy to adapt and work with what you’ve got. No red onion? Try scallions instead. No corn? Try edamame. No cucumber? A diced up kohlrabi would be phenomenal. No parsley? Any fresh herb will be wonderful here. Anyhow, you get the point. Easy, delicious and a wonderful way to work with the late summer harvest.
- 1 medium sized cucumber, lightly peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 large or 2 smaller bell peppers, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/2 of a red onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 2 ears of fresh sweet corn)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- a heaping 1/2 cup of crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- In a large bowl toss together all the chopped veggies with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Drizzle with the oil and vinegar. Taste for seasonings and then crumble with the goat cheese.
- 12 Rare Sweet & Mild Peppers, 14 Tomato & Tomatillo, 20 Most Popular Vegetables, 25 Summer Vegetables, 8 Onions