Brussel SproutsLong Island Improved Brussels Sprouts are the most common, widely adapted, and diverse home care views! It tastes like cabbage, resistant to the northern climate and light winter frost. It grows up to 24″ high and gives a lot of dense, gentle heads, on average 1-2″ in diameter, and matures in 100 days.
Historians believe that for the first time, the Brussels Sprouts were crossed by the ancient Romans. Still, Belgium disagrees with this because Brussels Sprouts grew in a lot of аround Brussels. Manufacturers from California have been imported into the United States since the 1900s.
How to grow Long Island Improved Brussels sprouts from seeds:
- Sowing: Long seeds Long Island superior at the end of May or early June for autumn harvest. The easy cold makes the taste more elegant and saturated. State 1/2 seed " deep into the soil. When they grow up to 24" in height, transform them at a distance of 2'. Press the land around the seed and maintain the land constantly wet.
- Plant Spacing: 12-16″.
- Growing of Long Island Improved Brussels sprouts: The mulch layer will help keep the soil wet and fight unnecessary weeds. If it is a strong wind, you should provide plant support. Remove the yellow leaves so that they do not take energy from the plant. When the first appearance of aphids, eliminate them using a strong water flow from the hose.
- Long Island Improved Brussels Sprouts Soil Requirements for: Keep the soil evenly moist, keep the soil at least 70°F (21°C) until germination, and 60°F (16°C) after that.
- Long Island Improved Brussels Sprouts Seeds Days to Germination: 14-21 days.
- Light Preference of Long Island Improved Brussels Sprouts: Full Sun.
- Life Cycle of Long Island Improved Brussels Sprouts: Annual.
- Harvest Long Island Improved Brussels Sprouts: Will require approximately four months for the first harvest. The sprouts of about 1″ in diameter are the most tender. To collect a crop after frost, hang all the plants upside down in a cool place. Sprouts will continue to ripen for several weeks.
- Long Island Improved Brussels Sprouts Days to Maturity: 80-115
- Long Island Improved Brussels Sprouts Seed Saving: The plant needs to be overwhelmed as the seed heads develop at the beginning of spring. In the cold climate, it is recommended to dig a plant and store it in the wet sаnd at a temperature of about 40 degrees F. Sprinkle for 3-4 weeks before the last spring frost. When flowers bloom, wait until they are completely dried on the stem. Seed heads will be cut as soon as dried and become brown. Store Long Island Superior Brussels Seed Improved in a cool, dry place for up to five years.
- Common Names: Brussel Sprouts
- Latin Name: Brassica oleracea
- Species Origin: Mediterranean region and southwestern Europe, as far north as southern England.
- Type: Open Pollinated, Heirloom, Cool Season
- Life Cycle: Annual
- USDА Zones: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
- Seeds per Ounce: 8,000
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Height: 24 Inches
- Color: Green
- Uses: Culinary